Living a healthy life is about more than just being physically active. Keeping mentally busy is important too! Just like any other muscle, your brain needs exercise to function at its best.
Make a point to do activities that encourage you to think in new ways:
- Put together a puzzle.
- Learn a new language.
- Build a piece of furniture.
- Test your geography skills – do you know all the countries of the world?
- Cook a new recipe.
- Do some Sudoku.
- Channel your inner Bob Ross and paint or sketch something you see out your window.
- Solve a crossword puzzle.
Have a go at this Roseman word search! Can you find…
doctor, healthcare, immunization, neurology, nurse, patient, pharmacy, research, Roseman
Stay involved socially.
Mental stimulation takes a variety of forms. Social interaction, whether in-person or virtual, is another important (and fun) way to stay sharp. Engaging with others also builds your sense of purpose and boosts your mood.
Consider opportunities like:
- Joining or starting a book club
- Participating in a church group
- Adopting or fostering a pet
- Getting involved with a nonprofit board
- Mentoring someone younger in your field
- Organizing regular video or phone calls to connect with friends and family
Make regular check-ups a priority.
A healthy body includes a healthy brain. Visiting the doctor regularly ensures you’re getting the care you need for your whole self.
Roseman Medical Group has providers who specifically focus on neurology, including Parkinson’s Disease, Huntington’s Disease, and ALS. You can call (702) 463-4040 to learn more about our services and schedule an appointment.